Disney World is one of my family’s most favorite places on Earth. I count myself extremely lucky that I found and married someone who is as equally obsessed with the magic of Disney as I am, and now we have two children who share our Disney themed, pixie dust filled love.
Last year when it was almost time for my daughter Tatum’s 5th birthday, which is on July 3rd, my husband and I thought what better way to celebrate her 5th birthday in a magical way than taking her to Disney World. Once we realized that this was a perfect birthday idea, I booked our flights and found an incredible deal to stay on site at Disney World’s amazing Wilderness Lodge resort, and off we went to celebrate.
Now I didn’t really have anything specific in mind or planned while we were in Disney World to celebrate my daughter’s birthday, but there were so many magical memories made during our trip that it was certainly a birthday to never forget.
Lets pretend we just hopped onto Disney’s Magical Express so that I can tell you how to celebrate your birthday in Disney World (especially with not much advance planning).
– First make sure to score an excellent deal on a deluxe Disney resort so that you can celebrate in serious style. We love Disney’s Wilderness Lodge for its incredible decor, shooting geyser, amazing heated pool with a waterslide and kids water play area, spacious rooms with balconies, and its close proximity to the always magical Magic Kingdom.
– Next up on the how to celebrate your birthday in Disney World list, make sure that as soon as you walk into any of the Disney Parks to let them know it is your birthday and they will give you a Happy Birthday button complete with your name on it, free of charge. This button is your key to hearing Happy Birthday from Disney cast members and random Disney Parks guests all day long. Now doesn’t that just make you smile?
– Kisses from Pluto as soon as you enter the Magic Kingdom are a must have when talking about how to celebrate your birthday in Disney World.
– Not only must you meet Minnie Mouse when celebrating your birthday in Disney World, but you should also dress like her too!
– Properly celebrate your birthday in Disney World with free boat rides all around various Disney Resorts, Parks and the all new Disney Springs. Even if you are not a guest at Wilderness Lodge (or other Disney resorts that offer boat transportation), you can stop by to visit the resort and enjoy a boat ride.
– When your 5-year-old daughter loves to ride horses as much as she loves Disney, you surprise her on her birthday by taking a boat ride from Wilderness Lodge over to the Fort Wilderness Resort so that she can saddle up and ride a horse, Disney style!
Last but not least for my tips on how to celebrate your birthday in Disney World, make sure that not only the Disney Cast members sing a happy birthday to you, but also a random person in the restaurant who happens to share your exact birthday!
Have you ever visited Disney World on or around your birthday?
Share with me in the comments your favorite tip on how to celebrate your birthday in Disney World and have a magical day!