This incredible weekend was called Connect Learn Retreat, and those things are exactly what the beautiful and talented ladies I was surrounded by did.
One of the refreshing surprises of this unforgettable weekend, which truly helped the ladies and I relax, rejuvenate and focus on learning, was that Michele brought along her fabulous friend Maryann to prepare all of our delicious meals.
My favorite meal from the weekend happened to be these tasty breakfast egg cups.
I loved that you could customize them with your favorite ingredients to satisfy your whole family, and I truly appreciated that they were quick to create and could even be eaten on the go.
For about the past month or so, much to my family’s happiness, I am proud to say that I have been baking delicious varieties of egg cups each week.
My kids are probably wondering where their real mom went!
Here is a Breakfast Recipe Your Whole Family Will Enjoy
- Dozen Eggs
- Veggies of your choice (I used fresh Spinach, Kale and Heirloom Tomatoes)
- Turkey Sausage (I used pre-cooked turkey sausage that I heat up in the microwave for about 40 seconds first)
- Cheese of your choice (I used gouda cheese)
- Salt, Pepper, Parsley to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin/ cupcake tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix up a dozen eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roughly chop up spinach, kale and a heirloom tomato (or whatever veggies you choose) then portion them out and place in the muffin/cupcake tin.
- Cut up the turkey sausage (or whatever cooked meat you wish to use), portion it out and place in the muffin/cupcake tin along with the veggies.
- Cut up some cheese, or you can use shredded cheese and place in the muffin/ cupcake tin.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over top of each of the veggie, cheese and meat mixtures.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes (check and make sure that the eggs are cooked and not runny).
- Tip: The fun of this recipe is being able to customize, change it up and make it your own, so don't be afraid to experiment and try different ingredients.
Leave a comment and share what delicious foods you would include in your egg cups.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click-through and make a purchase.