So I recently found out (basically as the day was almost ending) that it is National Puppy Day.
My first thought was wow, there really is a day for everything. My second thought was that I couldn’t let the day go by without talking about our puppy Jaxie.
Now I will be the first person to wholeheartedly admit that if you told me I would ever be absolutely head over heels obsessed with a dog, I would have had to politely say you are insane and you don’t know me at all. I also would have had to tell you that you were crazy and absolutely not. Next I would tell you all the reasons why a dog definitely wouldn’t fit within our family’s lifestyle, especially as we love to travel often.
Fast forward to a little over a year later after getting our dog Jaxie and despite the fact that she has absolutely changed our lives, I still say that my reasons for why I never wanted a dog are valid.
Let me share my 10 excellent reasons why I never wanted a dog so you can fully understand why.
1. I never wanted to start my day getting woken up by a happy, curly-haired dog giving me a face full of kisses
2. I never wanted some sweet puppy to keep me company when I am working from home or home alone.
3. I never wanted something to motivate me to get out and walk, run and play, no matter what the weather may be.
4. I never wanted to have to rush home from somewhere because there was a puppy anxiously awaiting my arrival on the other side of the door, and genuinely happy to see me.
5. I never wanted to watch my kids have to take care of and learn to be responsible for a pet.
6. I never wanted anything that would make my home actually look lived in and get adorable paw prints on our hardwood floors.
7. I never wanted yet another thing to take care of, even though I have gotten the extreme pleasure at watching Jaxie give birth and take care of 7 sweet little boys like it was no big deal.
8. I never wanted an extremely cute sidekick to keep me company on car rides.
9. I never wanted anything else in my life that would cause my family and I to take even more photos and make priceless memories with.
Does your family have a special furry friend?
If you have reservations about adding a furry friend to your life, let me share with you that having Jaxie in our lives is one of our family’s best decisions ever.
Happy National Dog Day!