San Juan, Puerto Rico is better known to my family and I as the perfect vacation destination for more reasons than one. Puerto Rico seems to always have summer weather (minus the humidity), excellent food, exciting culture and filled with so much rich history, that once you step foot on this beautiful island it makes it very hard to ever want to leave. My family and I have visited Puerto Rico four times within the last two years and the one consistent thing we do is always stay at the San Juan Marriott Resort.
We love Marriott Resorts and have stayed in many all over the world, but the San Juan Marriott Resort is a place that we are more than happy to be able to call our home away from home. After recently returning from yet another vacation in Puerto Rico paradise I decided that I should share my top 5 Reasons why you should stay at the San Juan Marriott.
1. The San Juan Marriott Resort is located directly on the always spectacular Condado Beach. During our most recent visit to this resort we had the opportunity to stay in an ocean front room (normally we stay in a pool view room) and the views were breathtaking. One morning we were out on our balcony and had the special treat of getting to see a rainbow that seemed to disappear right into the Turquoise colored ocean.
2. There are 2 beautiful, heated pools at the San Juan Marriott Resort, both of which offer lots of fun time in the San Juan sun. One of them is a zero entry pool, which is perfect for families with small children and the other pool (which is my favorite) features a swim up bar and a water slide. Each day between 1-2pm there is free shaved ice at a tent area by the pool (coconut was my favorite flavor, while my husband loved the guava), so don’t forget to cool off with a sweet treat.
3. The buffet breakfast at the La Vista Latin Grill & Bar comes complete with unlimited mimosas (we definitely took advantage of that). We indulged in the buffet breakfast every morning of our last stay and it was so well worth the price, because if you time it right you can skip having to buy a full lunch and just grab a light snack (or some poolside pina coladas) to hold you over until dinner.
4. The new Gelato & Co. Authentic Italian Cremeria has so many delicious flavors of gelato that are made “in-house” daily from the freshest ingredients. We checked out the new and delicious Gelato & Co., which is literally steps from the front entrance of the San Juan Marriott Resort, and it was the one place that my kids wanted to be repeat visitors of during our vacation. I loved that the Gelato & Co. had a bright, beachy feel, and the staff there couldn’t have been nicer. The woman who was working behind the Gelato & Co. counter during our visit had all kinds of recommendations for the best gelato flavors and she was more than happy to let us sample almost all of them, before we decided on which flavors to buy. If you want some gelato to enjoy poolside during the day, the Gelato & Co. has a small gelato cart parked outside of the La Vista Latin Grill & Bar, across from one of the pools.
5. The San Juan Marriott Resort is in the absolute best location. I love the fact that once we fly into San Juan, the airport is only about a 10-15 minute, $20.00 taxi ride away from the San Juan Marriott Resort. The resort is in such a great, safe location for walking around San Juan. In all of the times that we have visited the San Juan Marriott Resort we have never rented a car. There are so many great shops, restaurants, bars, gelato and ice cream places, other resorts you can walk around in and check out, beach area to walk along on Condado Beach, as well as open grassy areas to relax and hang out on, all within an easy walking distance from the San Juan Marriott Resort. If you want to see some of the historic side of Puerto Rico, Old San Juan is only about a 15 minute taxi ride from the San Juan Marriott Resort.
I hope that my 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay at the San Juan Marriott has inspired the wanderlust within you. If you are ready to book a trip to what I call the perfect vacation destination, check out my recent post titled “Do You Know How To Find The Best Airfare Prices” and see how my family finds fabulous flight deals to Puerto Rico.
Please comment and share with me whether you have already stayed at the San Juan Marriott Resort, or would like to vacation here in the future. If you do visit, please tell them that Clarissa from Clarissa Explains It All sent you!