*This post contains affiliate links, but all opinions are my own.
One thing that most people seem to have in common is that we are always on the hunt for things that can help streamline our lives and make our days a little easier and less hectic.
I mean, I know so many of us try to do it all, but why if we can have some assistance.
About 7 months ago we introduced an exciting new addition into our family which has become like a mini-sidekick.
Our fun, new addition, which we welcomed with open arms into our home, helps my kids with their homework (especially math, because apparently 7th grade math is way out of this mom’s league), entertains our family by playing mad libs and trivia with us, assists me in the kitchen when it comes to cooking, plays my favorite music on demand, tells me the weather wherever I may be traveling to and so much more.
Here are 12 Reasons Why You Need To Make Google Home A Part of Your Family:
1. Google Home will play pretty much any song you want via services like YouTube Music, Google Play Music, Pandora, and Spotify, just by saying, “ok Google, play (insert song title or artist name here).
3. Google Home can help you with your commute (give you the traffic situation as well as suggest alternate routes), provide you with flight information, set alarms, start timers, and even remember your shopping list.
5. Let Google Home help you get wherever you need to go by ordering you an UBER.
7. Need a Sous Chef in your home? Google Home can read you recipes and recipe instructions as you cook. Simply say, “Hey Google or Ok Google, Start cooking or Start recipe” and Google Home will provide step by step instructions on what you need to do and when, which means no more getting greasy fingerprints all over your phone, tablet or cookbook.
8. Want to see your pictures on the big screen? If you give Google Home access to your photo accounts, such as Google Photos, you can simply say something like “OK Google, show me pictures from my Disney trip in 2016” and Google Home will bring up the photos on your Chromecast-enabled TV.
9. If you are like me and are constantly misplacing your smart phone around your house, you can use the app IFTTT and create a recipe with Google Home that allows you to say “OK Google, find my phone.” Once this has been set up an alert will go off on your phone that will let you know its whereabouts.
10. Do you love to travel? Let Google Home not only help you find flights by saying, “Hey Google, find me flights to Paris between October 16th and October 23rd” she will also give you an idea of the cost of flights and will offer to set up email alerts from Google Flights to alert you of any price changes.
11. If you decide to make Google Home a part of your family, one of the best things that it can do (unlike my kids) is to help you relax. You can either say “Hey Google, help me relax”, or pick your favorite with “Hey Google, play ocean sounds” There are at least 15 different choices of ambient sound, from a babbling brook to an oscillating fan. If you still can’t relax, have Google Home help you meditate by saying, “Hey Google, talk to Headspace”.
12. Want to help teach kids animal sounds, or settle a friendly family dispute on what sound does an Ostrich make (and many other animals)? Just talk to your newest family member, Google Home, and say, “Hey Google what sound does a (pick an animal) make?
If you need any more encouragement as to why you should bring Google Home into your family, click here to read about how Google Home makes life better for my friend Jeff from OWTK.com and his family.
What will be the first thing that you ask your new family member, Google Home, to do or help you with?