A few months ago a friend and I decided to take a girls getaway somewhere. We weren’t exactly sure where we wanted to go, but since we both love warm weather, beautiful beaches and needed some relaxation, we knew an island destination would be the perfect place to go.
During our operation-girls-getaway island search I remembered back to when my husband and I were in Aruba and more than a few people there told us that an extremely stunning and peaceful island we have to visit someday is Curacao. I relayed that information to my friend, who had also heard great things, and within that very same day we booked a fabulous girls getaway to Curacao.
Once I told people about the island I was jet setting away to the first question I was immediately asked was where the heck is Curacao located at?
Don’t tell anyone, but I actually had to look at the map in order to even answer that question.
Curacao is situated in the Caribbean, near Aruba and Bonaire, and just Northeast of Venezuela.
After about a 4 1/2 flight from NYC’s JFK airport, and a 20 minute taxi ride from the airport, we arrived at the Curacao Marriott Beach Resort. The open air layout of the resort instantly took my breath away.
Since there were so many questions about Curacao after I returned, I decided that I needed to share about why you must put Curacao at the top of your list of places in the world to visit.
10 Reasons Why You Need To Stay at the Curacao Marriott
1. The Curacao Marriott Beach Resort is the absolute most relaxing resort I have ever vacationed at. – From the moment you arrive you are enveloped in a complete state of relaxation unlike any that I have ever experienced. There are even swings at the beach bar so that you can enjoy happy hour cocktails while swinging your cares away in the Caribbean (more on this later).
2. The staff at the Curacao Marriott are some of the kindest and most welcoming people I have ever met. – I definitely took note of the fact that mostly every employee at this resort, including the managers, took the time to meet and greet the guests and actually get to know them. So many of the employees even remembered and called some of the guests by name, or remembered their favorite cocktail to sip on by the pool. Only about an hour after arriving I realized that I forgot to pack my iPhone charger (bad move, especially for a blogger). I went to the front desk to see if they had one that I could purchase or borrow. Since Curacao is such a quiet and relaxing town, their shops shut down at 6pm and are not open on Sunday, so I would not be able to purchase a charger for at least 2 more days. The receptionist at the front desk made a few calls after she noticed how distressed I was starting to look, and within 5 minutes an employee from housekeeping arrived with an iPhone charger. They were so sweet and told me that I could keep it for the length of my stay. Now that is what I call service!
3. The almost indescribable blue waters of the Caribbean and the soft sand are literally a few footsteps from this resort.
4. The Curacao Marriott offers a 5-Star PADI Dive and a water sports center located right by the beach on a natural coral reef. Now I have to admit that I did not snorkel or go for a dive during my stay at the Curacao Marriott Beach Resort, but I wish that I would have as I heard from many other guests that some of the best snorkeling experiences in the world happen right at this fabulous resort.
5. The sunsets that you are treated to at this resort, from my balcony room no less, were spectacular. I made sure never to miss one during my stay.
6. The weather is consistently perfect! I stayed in Curacao for 5 days and each day was more perfect than the next. There was not one drop of rain during our vacation. Instead the weather was sunny, breezy and 85 degrees or more (but not humid) every day. We spoke to a few locals in Curacao who confirmed that yes, the weather generally always seems to be perfect.
7. There are 5 fantastic places to enjoy meals right at the Curacao Marriott. I only ate off the resort property one morning for breakfast while I was visiting Willemstad. You can choose from delicious foods such as Italian, International and American. We decided to eat dinner each evening outdoors, overlooking the resort, at the Emerald Lounge. They have such a variety of foods and each thing we tried was more delicious than the next!
8. The Curacao Marriott has a beach bar called The Board Room. I love that this bar is literally situated on the beach and right over the beautiful Caribbean waters. There are swings around the bar as well as colorful stools to sit on where you can take meetings to debate over what flavor mojito to order next.
9. There is a free shuttle (it is offered 2x per day and you simply need to make a reservation at the front desk) that will take you back and forth to the beautiful, unique and Dutch inspired town of Willemstad. – You can walk around this brightly colored, vibrant town and check out the local crafts and restaurants, as well as participate in some retail therapy (there are even high-end stores here), do some sightseeing around an old fort, walk across the moving (yes I said moving) Queen Emma bridge and more!
10. Make sure to reserve a beachfront balcony room, especially if this is your first visit to this exquisite island, because you will not want to miss a moment of the incredible sunrises, sunsets, and jaw-dropping blue Caribbean waters. Our balcony was so close to the water I felt like I could easily pluck a coconut off of the palm tree that was right on the beach!
Now its time for me to show you just why you need to stay at the Curacao Marriott:
Have you ever visited the perfect paradise that is better known as Curacao?
If you love to travel to the Caribbean as much as I do, be sure and check out my post, 8 Fashion and Beauty Must Haves When Traveling to the Caribbean.
Please leave a comment and share your favorite island destination with me.